Saturday, June 2, 2012

Back in the game...

So it turns out that all sports are not the same. If I told anyone who has known me for a good chunk of my life that I was "back in the game," that person would assume that I was referring to soccer. Well, I changed games today. I have ventured into the world of running competitions. I plan to try my hand at a few more things as the opportunities present themselves...I'm up for most things. Today I tried my hand at a half marathon. I was lucky enough to have my parents, who have been my best support crew over the years, by my side.

IMG_0548

IMG_0547

The race was hosted by the Wood River YMCA in Ketchum, Idaho. We started and finished at the Sun Valley Pavilion. It was a lot of fun, mostly due to the incredible community support at every turn. Here goes nothing...

IMG_0544

IMG_0542

It was sweet to see the finish line at the end, especially because I had accomplished my goal of running my first half marathon.

Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment