Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Rock That Splits Us


On my drive from Boulder, Co to Lander, WY today I passed Split Rock. Split Rock is a climbing area that NOLS uses quite a bit and it is where Riley will be for the next week and a half on the second part of his IC contract. It is also the place where Riley and I worked our first climbing course together (my first climbing course ever and the end of my proctorship) and it is where Riley went for his IC climbing section...so it has some meaning. With that in mind, I felt like getting out of the car and really taking a look at it.


IMG_0536


Most of the climbing happens around the rock on the right side of this picture, though there is a great 4-5 pitch climb on the prominent shaded wall in this picture called Fire & Sage that Riley and I did together last May.


IMG_0534

It was nice to be outside of the car! I continued on to Lander just in time to have a delicious dinner with Dawna and Ross Hopeman. It is Dawna's Birthday today and I felt very lucky to be here to wish her a happy birthday in person!

It was a long, but happy day.

Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment