Monday, February 13, 2012

Futbol Finale

Futbol

Olé! A couple of nights ago, a collection of folks from the NOLS campo piled into vehicles, headed into Coyhaique, and had ourselves a nice little fútbol match. A 6 vs. 6 match, it was, as they say, on. The line-up? In-town staff versus instructors.

How did it go? We’ve been down here for over five months now. Over three of those five have been spent slogging along with a heavy backpack at what has been appropriately termed “student pace.” Let’s just say that my fast-twitch muscles aren’t what they used to be. Three days later I’m, I’ll admit, still a bit sore. Regardless, it was an absolute blast.

For me, the funnest part of the whole experience was the opportunity to spend one more fun-filled hour with eleven amazing people.

As our South American days dwindle, Caitlin put it perfectly as we pulled up to the gym, “I would have been really disappointed if we came all the way down here and didn’t play soccer at least once.”

Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment