Last night, Jack and I went to see Icelandic band Sigur Rós at Seattle's Paramount Theatre. I'm not ashamed to say that I'd never really listened to the band and honestly wouldn't have gone out of my way to see them perform. However, if offered a ticket to see live music, count me in.
The show started off a little slow. I found myself on the fence as to whether I was really enjoying what I was hearing. But, after the first two to three songs the show absolutely took off. It was spectacular. With eleven musicians on stage, it was difficult to choose who to watch. It was truly breathtaking.
The musical niche this group fills is one which I honestly cannot easily explain. It's different. My recommendation? Give is an open-minded listen and see for yourself. I would recommend one of the following songs:
- Hafsól ("Ocean Sun")
- Hoppípolla ("Puddle Jumping")
- Saeglópur ("Lost At Sea")
Photographs as the lighting changed.
Would I go see Sigur Rós play again? Indubitably!
Here's to spontaneity!
Riley
No comments:
Post a Comment