Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mud Boggin'

Last Sunday Cait and I found ourselves in Monroe, WA for the season finale of the Seattle Cyclocross Series. The event was held at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds alongside a youth motor cross competition in an adjacent building. With exhaust fumes in the air and my mouth mimicking machined noises, we had a fantastic day of riding.

Each cyclocross course is unique in its own way. Some have fly overs, others have barriers to jump over. This course had sand, a steep downhill into a 90° turn, a short but steep 75° uphill, and a wonderfully muddy section. In cyclocross-speak, sections of the course were "peanut-buttery" because of their muddy/sticky composition. We embraced the obstacles and both gave it our all.


 Cait giving it some gusto through the mud!

Caicross
Cait on the move beginning another lap of mud boggin' glory.

 Rylocross
This was my first Seattle CycloCross series race and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was a little excited to find that I would be number 307 (the state of Wyoming's area code). 307 represent!

We both finished muddy, wet, smiling, and filled with excitement for the next opportunity to race.

Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment