A few moments after our arrival an SUV pulled up. A lady opened the car door (car parked in the middle of the road) and, with a cigarette glued to her lips, reached down to touch the water exclaiming, "It's not even a little bit warm!" So there it was...a cold springs. Nice for us, that meant that after snapping a quick picture the couple in the SUV went on there way. Riley and I then worked to figure out how to make that bath hot! We spent a while building up and reinforcing the rock barrier that is supposed to separate the rest of the river's (cold) current from where the hot water is bubbling in. It was a task that we could not complete with the resources we had and the cold weather, though I do think that we made a dent. The water seemed much warmer to me as I heated my chilled hands, but that could have been the relative temperature difference. Who knows? All I know is that it felt good.
After a faster ride back on the downhill, Riley and I enjoyed the warmth of a different type of hot springs. Ahhh...where there isn't a natural hot springs, may a human's hand install a hot tub!
It has been a treat to be here in Ketchum where we can run, walk, bike, swim, climb, and study everyday.
Cait
No comments:
Post a Comment